Truxtun Radiology is committed to improving the health of Kern County patients by providing, full-service high-quality medical imaging exams to help physicians make early, accurate diagnoses that improve treatment prospects.
The Truxtun Radiology Difference
Our warm, caring staff and 5 centers conveniently located throughout Bakersfield and Kern County are here to make every patient’s visit as comfortable as possible.
History of Truxtun Radiology
- 2013 – Truxtun Radiology migrated to a new, state-of-the-art, radiology information system (RIS) and picture archiving and communication system (PACS). This has allowed our practice to further improve the overall service we provide to the community.
- 2010 – Truxtun Radiology joins RadNet, a national provider of high-quality, cost-effective imaging services through a network of more than 250 owned and/or operated radiology centers in 6 states. The acquisition provided Truxtun Radiology access to a wealth of resources and expertise to improve our ability to help patients and referring physicians with their medical imaging needs. Dr. Girish Patel continues to serve as the Medical Director and a driving force in providing superior radiology services to the community.
- 2009 – Truxtun Radiology opens a state-of-the-art, 12,000-square foot facility at the Riverwalk Center (9990 Stockdale Hwy. The new medical imaging center offers MRI, CT, PET/CT, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, X-ray, mammography, bone density scans (DEXA) and interventional radiology procedures.
- 2007 – Truxtun Radiology installs a new PACS system which improved the report turnaround time and provided referring physicians instant access to each patient’s images and reports.
- 2006 – Truxtun Radiology migrates to a new, full-service RIS and achieves additional improvements to operation efficiencies.
- 2005 – Truxtun Radiology installs the area’s first 64-slice volume CT scanner and begins offering CT angiography to patients and referring physicians.
- 2002 – An additional, 7,500-square-foot Truxtun Radiology facility is opened in Southwest Bakersfield, offering high-field, open MRI and the area’s first digital mammography services.
- 2000 – Truxtun Radiology becomes the first imaging center in the area to off positron emission therapy (PET/CT), which can help physicians in diagnoses of cancer.
- 1999 – Truxtun Radiology extends MRI service hours to accommodate rising demand and is awarded the contract to provide radiology services to the newly-constructed Bakersfield Heart Hospital.
- 1998 – Seeing an average of 175 patients per day with a staff of approximately 80 employees and 4 radiologists, Truxtun Radiology purchases a radiology information system (RIS) to manage scheduling and billing — the improvement in operational efficiencies translate into more exceptional customer service and quicker report turnaround times.
- 1994 – Truxtun Radiology ends the year seeing, on average, 100 patients per day with a staff of approximately 40 employees.
- 1993 – Truxtun Radiology sees, on average, 50 patients per day, and begins offering MRI and CT services to Bakersfield Family Medical Center.
- 1992 – Truxtun Radiology, after relocating to a new, 11,000-square-foot facility, now employs a staff of 25 employees and 3 radiologists.
- 1990 – Truxtun Radiology begins offering CT scans, acquires a mobile MRI unit and adds a second radiologist to its team.
- 1988 – Dr. Girish Patel, M.D. founds Truxtun Radiology Medical Group, which initially offers X-ray, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and Bakerfield’s first ever screening mammography program.
The Truxtun Radiology Mission
Request an Appointment
We will contact you within 1 business day.